Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Joshua Tree

    October 1, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    We arrived at Joshua Tree yesterday afternoon around 1630 and set up camp as soon as we could, so that we could catch the sunset before Theo going to bed. As soon as I stepped out of the car at Jumbo Rocks Campground, I immediately fell in love. It was like one gigantic playground where you could climb and look out and see all the different desert plants. It exceeded my every expectation.

    And the sunset was AMAZING. Photos simply don’t do it justice. It was a rainbow sunset with such vibrant blues and pinks and green. It’s the mot breathtaking sunset I’ve ever seen in my life.

    Theo enjoyed climbing up the rocks and playing with his toy car, collecting little stones he could find on the ground while Chris set up our tent. Theo went to sleep really easily and Chris and I were able to enjoy a quiet final night of camping. We drank tea and gazed at the stars... all of them were so vibrant and clear. The Milky Way was more visible here then at any other place we camped at. We talked about our future plans and how happy we are with our lives and where we’re going together. It was a really lovely way to say goodbye to summer.

    We’re now in LA, our final stop before flying to Germany. We have a lot to organize, because we need to return a lot of camping gear as well as organize our luggage again. Traveling with kids requires so much extra luggage, my goodness!

    BUT.. we still have one day to enjoy California tomorrow. I’m sure that we’ll find some things to love amongst all of our traveling responsibilities. Such is the way of our family life. Always busy, but so much to enjoy in the chaos.
    Read more