Satellite
  • Day 9

    DAY AT SEA

    June 2, 2018 ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    A leisurely get up and then off to the dining room for eggs benedict! Our breakfast companions were a couple from Vancouver who are hiring a car and doing 2 weeks independently taking in Whitehorse and Dawson City, they said June is the best time, especially for wildlife spotting, so they have inspired us to take another trip to Alaska! I took part in the 5km walk around the deck which was a fund raiser for Cancer Research. I got chatting with Rebecca Burke from Dallas and I think we were so busy talking we did 10 circuits rather than 9 as the cookie and lemonade stand had packed up when we passed it for the final time!

    We looked at the cruise photos, had lunch then started our packing. We arranged to meet with Cheryl and Ted for afternoon tea and said our final goodbyes but have exchanged email addresses so we can keep in touch.

    When we returned to the cabin we had been delivered a voyage log which informed us we had travelled, 1,771 miles on the ship and it had consumed 205,000 gallons of fuel, there were 794 officers and crew, the crew had 35 different nationalities. We are just over a week into our holiday and have already travelled 7,000 miles.

    We had our last cruise dinner in the dining room, completed our packing, put the cases outside the door and are now ready for our land journey adventure.
    Read more