Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Creeslough to Killybeg

    May 17, 2022 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Firstly we went to fuel up at our “favourite” petrol company’s station, Green Apple, who seem to provide the most reasonably priced diesel, before driving on the N56, partly along the Wild Atlantic Way. We detoured onto the The Rosses to find a scenic coffee stop. We were successful and found a spot overlooking the beach, close to Donegal Airport which would only accommodate very small planes.

    We did a stop for groceries in Dunglow before heading onto our site in Killybegs which was on terraces over looking a lighthouse and the sea. En route to the site we realised another motorhome was following us and even took the same wrong turning! On arrival we had a chat with them, Carol and Dave.

    We pedalled down into Killybeg for supper. The harbour was a commercial fishing port with large trawlers moored, not quite the quaint fishing port we had envisaged. We found a good restaurant for supper in the Tara hotel and had a window table overlooking the harbour. We even found a reasonably out of the way place for the tandem on the patio. The food did not disappoint, I had salmon and prawns and Tony had a steak sandwich, both were delicious.

    We invited Carol and Dave into ours in the evening and we all stayed chatting until 1 am!
    Read more