Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Foz do Iguacu

    July 10, 2022 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Mostly a travel day. After a quick peak at the cabo frio beach, drove 2.5 hours back to the Rio airport, dropped off the car and boarded a flight to Foz do Iguacu, home of arguably the world's best waterfalls. To be continued.

    By the time i got out of the airport and to my hotel, it was after 4pm. No time to do anything touristy. But i did notice there was a beer garden near my hotel. Unfortunately there were no craft beers, so i stayed for one drink and left

    I walked towards a tap room a few blocks further and passed by multiple huge restaurants that were packed and loud with dj's and full of energy. Paid a couple dollars to get seated in one of them... had an amazing stew type meal with cut up steak absolutely drowning in gargonzola sauce. Ridiculously rich and savoury. But perhaps 10,000 calories too haha. I had no idea what i ordered at the time but it worked out.

    Eventually got to the tap room and they had an awesome craft beer list, so i got cozy in there for a while. Met Fernanda who is a doctor, and works just across the border in paraguay 🇵🇾. She couldn't stay long as she had a 36 hour shift the next morning. Thats not a typo. Wow.. canada labour code would not agree on that shift length at all. She said she has a shift like that once a month.

    Then wandered over to another spot with a live band and people dancing. I have never seen a sunday night like this anywhere. Last night in brazil, so i decided to enjoy the ambiance while it lasted despite needing to be up early for a big day. Why not, its a vacation.
    Read more