Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Baltimore

    August 12, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    3.5 hour drive to baltimore today but i unfortunately i unwittingly made a wrong turn almost immediately and 30 minutes later started recognizing towns i knew from prior drives to Philadelphia. Glad i did.

    Was able to correct it in time and get on a good route to baltimore still and didn't mess up my prebooked and prepaid stuff. Staying at a really nice downtown hotel called the Lord Baltimore. Alexa was immediately struck and exclaimed how fancy this hotel is haha. Definitely not our usual type of accomodation :)

    Started our afternoon on a pirate cruise which i didn't realize was meant for much younger kids but we had a good time and the harbour views were great. Then spent a few hours in the amazing national aquarium. If you're ever in baltimore, its a must see/do. In addition to seeing a gazillion types of fish and sea creatures including sharks, jellyfish, dolphins, etc, theres tons of exotic birds and even some sloths.

    We watched a 20 minute 4D movie about sharks there too. Before entering i was telling alexa i wonder what the 4D represents? Odours? Maybe the seat moves? Haha much more. The seats would rumble and vibrate, gusts of wind would hit our faces, blasts of air from below us too, water sprayed at times and during the tense moments, there is a small rod build into the seat back that would suddenly protrude and poke your back and make everyone jump. Very different theatre experience haha.

    Finished up at a really nice seafood place where alexa had calimari and i had salmon stuffed with crab and shrimp. Both of us are really tired and the heat here wiped us out pretty good too at 38C. No rush tomorrow and we can both sleep in and catch up on some z's.
    Read more