Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Ocean City - Day 3

    August 15, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    After another late evening we slept until 11am and lazily got going at noon. Walked to a really fun restaurant called Fish Tales on the bay side. Had a very dominican / carib island feel to it. Alexa ordered something called Walking Taco which was a bag of doritos filled with spiced ground beef and melted cheese. Haha we had no idea thats what the walking taco would be. I had the biggest and most tender scallops ever but they were covered in a spicy wing sauce and topped with blue cheese. Weird flavor explosion in my mouth.

    Spent the rest of the afternoon at the beach. Paid for a big umbrella so we could relax more this time and not get scorched by the sizzling sun here. The waves were huge today! It was really hard to get the boogie board out to tummy deep waters and the waves diced me up pretty good when i did. Alexa wisely played in the more shallow areas while i got myself back to the chair to let all the salt water drain from my nose and ears :)

    Took alexa on my childhood favorite Zipper ride, and then we went to a really cool mini golf place next door. It was ridiculously packed and slow going, but fun. After a bit of rain, started getting an amazing sunset, so we ditched at the second last hole to race to our next destination bay side for some nice pictures for supper.

    Got to the restaurant Seacrets just in time before the sun went down and watched the sky go through yellows, oranges and pinks before a huge thundershower forced us back inside. Its a really unique restaurant with live bands all day in different sections (its huge), outdoor seating literally in the bay, and tons of booths and tables in the sand plus a very Jamaican vibe inside. We split a full rack of ribs with a caprese salad and side of fresh fruit. Back to the hotel and lights out by 10 as we are back on the road in the morning.
    Read more