Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 55

    Day 55 - Ranthambore National Park

    November 1, 2023 in India ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Left the Coral House Homestay this morning. Much nicer than our first hotel in Delhi. Particularly liked the communal home cooked dinner and sitting on the rooftop listening to the live music from the Taj Festival.
    Most of the day has been a 5hr taxi ride to Ranthambore NP. We thought the time might drag but there was plenty to see as our taxi driver weaved his way through the manic traffic, stopping for nothing (like everyone else). See photos for the rickshaws laden with people and goods (incl. the man impressively pedalling 3 huge bales of material and the motorbike carrying a ridiculous number of pots and pans), whole families on one motorbike, traffic heading the wrong way, some dodgy health and safety practices, and cows everywhere. Somehow it all seemed to work and we arrived in one piece.
    We're now staying at a very nice colonial style hotel. Had a go at pottery earlier and going stargazing tonight.
    *Update: Saw the bands of storms on Jupiter, Saturn and its rings, the craters on the Moon and the Sea of Tranquility, and the Andromeda galaxy.
    Read more