Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Mexico Day 8 - Cozumel

    January 18, 2021 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Today was our last day on Cozumel Island and we decided to hire a car to explore the more remote beaches on the island. After initially insisting on a little Micra/Fiesta type car my head was turned seeing so many of the older nicer looking colourful Jeeps flying around so we went for one of those...

    After a quick look round it to identify as many of the most obvious scrapes and dents as we could (there were loads) we tried to set off... With no handbrake the car was already in gear which was an immediate stall. Finding first gear was easy enough but second was a mystery and 3rd, 4th and 5th impossible. After a while we discovered 1st 2nd and 4th and after a call to the hire company finally how to get it into reverse.

    After that everything went smoothly as the roads were huge and very quiet. The scenery was beautiful and the beachs we stopped at for an hour or so each were worthy of at least a few days!

    Arriving back safely to the hire place we had Tacos de Altor at our favourite local spot and jumped on the next available ferry back to Playa Del Carmen - time for some beach days over the next week or so.... Lovely!!
    Read more