Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 107

    Costa Rica Day 3-5 - La Fortuna

    April 27, 2021 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    After a jam packed Sunday we decided to have a chilled out morning at the resort. We enjoyed a breakfast at the restaurant in front of the volcano, which was amazingly clear for the first time! We also made the most of the hotel pool and hot spring pool (and the swim up bars!).

    In the afternoon we went to Mistico Hanging Bridges, a network of 20 bridges across the National Park. The views from the bridges were incredible but a little scary as the bridges were pretty rickety!! We were pretty unlucky in terms of wildlife sightings, which was expected as we didn't have a guide with us. But luckily, right at the end, we came across some spider and howler monkeys. The Spider monkey came really close to us too which was amazing!

    On Tuesday / Wednesday I had to work (😟) but with a backdrop of Arenal volcano and an hour off for a lovely breakfast at the restaurant I really couldn't complain.

    Craig booked a zipline experience for Wednesday after I'd finished work. We drove up the volcano for 10/15 minutes and zip lined down to the bottom. It was so much fun and the best way to see the forest beneath us. It felt like we were gliding over like eagles!
    Read more