Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    St Kitts and Nevis

    January 25, 2022 in British Virgin Islands ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Arrived early this morning to a cloudless sky and Azura berthed close by. Whereas not long ago the St Kitts authority had declared that no passenger could leave the port area unless booked on a ship’s shore excursion or by government approved taxi, when we arrived all restrictions had been removed, apart from the need to wear face masks both indoors and outdoors. We had booked a beach break at 1230 hrs for a few hours so in the morning we strolled around the main town of Basseterre. Quite interesting and quite attractive around the port area. At 1230 we took a minibus to Cockleshell Bay beach which looked directly upon the island of Nevis. A beautiful location but not particularly impressed with the beach. However, the water was warm although the snorkelling was not good. The fish must be somewhere else. The drive there and back was impressive with good scenery.

    26th January. Two people we know who dance came out of the ship’s quarantine this morning after ten days isolation because of COVID. They had missed most of the islands we had visited. They confirmed that people had been transferred to and from the Queen Victoria but they had remained on Ventura playing scrabble in their room. Their friends remain in isolation. It would be interesting to know just how many people have been quarantined so far but I think it most unlikely we will ever find out.
    Read more