Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Chicago Day #3

    October 12, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 7 °C

    This day was mainly spent at the Ace Comic Con, where I started off with a panel with Gwendoline Christie, an actress who has worked on Game of Thrones, Star Wars and The Hunger Games, among many other roles. She was a very interesting person to listen to, and it was fun to hear more about her work.

    I also caught a panel later in the day with Norman Reedus, an actor who is particularly known for his work on the popular show, "The Walking Dead".

    And finally I saw a panel with Tessa Thompson and Brie Larson, both of whom have also worked in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Brie played Captain Marvel in the movie of the same name, and Tessa played the character Valkyrie in Marvel's universe. She's also done the "Creed" movies with Sylvester Stallone, and the popular show "Westworld". So lots of interesting things to talk about!

    Before leaving Ace for the day, I was meant to see a panel with the new Spiderman, Tom Holland, and Jake Gyllenhall, who plays the villain in the latest Spiderman film, but he's also done a ton of other roles over the years. The panel was running late though, so I had to skip it, to catch a train back into the city for a concert with upcoming artist Dermot Kennedy. He's a very talented musician with a gifted voice, so it was great to see him live. Nice venue as well, close to the Aragon Ballroom where Nirvana played back in 1993!
    Read more