Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Trebinje, BiH

    October 21, 2021 in Bosnia and Herzegovina ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Trebinje is the southernmost city in Bosnia and Herzegovina (abbreviated BiH), located near the borders of Croatia and Montenegro. The old town is small and what exists today dates to the 17th century Ottoman period.
    The 1st 2 pictures are taken from across the Trebisnjica river. The 1st, framed by a tree trunk and leaves, is a corner of the old city wall. The 2nd is a bit upstream from the 1st and isa local water access. The orange-ish building is a local madrassa.
    The 3rd and 4th pictures are inside the old town. The 3rd is of the south gate and a portion of the wall, while the 4th is one of the open squares in the old town.
    The 5th picture is of the main square, just outside the old town walls and is the market square, as it still is today.
    The last picture is the Arslanogić Bridge. This bridge is an historic landmark that dates to the 16th century and to the 20th century. In 1966, the bridge was moved, stone by stone, to its current location. So what we see today is the same bridge with the same stones in the same places in the structure. This bridge isn't as high as that bridge in Mostar, but it is more interesting engineering to my eye.
    Read more