Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Interlaken

    April 14, 2022 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Interlaken is a small town in central Switzerland located between 2 lakes (hence the name). The lakes are Brienz to the east and Thun to the west. The village straddles the River Aare that flows between the lakes.
    Today, Interlaken is a major point from which mountain travel begins, including in the Jungfrau region that labels itself the roof of Europe.
    The 1st picture is a Japanese garden in the middle dele of town with one of the churches in the background. The 2nd picture looks at part of a large urban park. The 3rd picture is a street with a bit of Swiss architecture.
    The 4th and 5th pictures look along the River Aware. The covered bridge structures are at weirs that control water level and flow in the several river channels. In both locations were mills and even some hydropower production.
    The last 4 pictures are all taken from Harderkulm. This is the ridge directly above Interlaken. The 6th picture looks out at the Alps. The 7th picture looks over Interlaken to Lake Brienz, and the 8th looks the other way: over the village to Lake Thun. Several cute wooden sculptures are scattered around the Harderkulm. This is one of them.
    Read more