Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 17

    Mavota Lakes filming locations

    21. tammikuuta 2023, Uusi Seelanti ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Not far from the site used to portray Fangorn Forest are the Mavota Lakes. Several LotR sites are located here. The 1st picture is used to represent the dead marshes through which Gollum led Frodo and Sam toward Mordor. Those scenes, as I understand it, we're filmed using computer graphics, not on location. This site was said to be emblematic of the marshes.
    The 2nd picture was taken from a bridge over one of the lakes. This is where the scene of the Fellowship leaving Lothlorien and Galadriel was filmed. The 3rd picture isn't specifically LotR. It is the opposite direction from the previous picture, looking at the rest of that lake.
    In the 4th picture, I'm standing where Frodo stood to look across the Anduin as he left to make his way to Mordor alone, that is until Sam caught up and went with him. The 5th picture is at the same location, but this time I'm standing where Gimli stood watching the boat with the dead Boromir go over the falls. The distance was digitally modified to add the falls.
    The next 2 pictures go together. They are behind and up the hill from the previous 2 pictures. This is where the Uruk-hai attacked the fellowship right before Frodo and San left. The 6th picture shows the tree that Fordo hid behind as the Uruk-hai ran past. Right before the Uruk-hai passed, Merry and Pippin called Frodo to hide with them. The last picture is Merry and Pippin's log where they were hiding at that time.
    Lue lisää