衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日3

    Viti Levu, Fiji

    2023年3月8日, フィジー ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    The Republic of Fiji is an archipelago in the South Pacific that consists of more than 300 islands, only about 1/3 of which are inhabited. Viti Levu is the main Island. About 3/4 of the population of Fiji lives here, and the capital city, Suva, is here as well. The 2 main economic drivers are tourism and sugar cane.
    The 1st picture is along a coastline near where the 2nd picture was taken. You can get a sense of the clear water, sandy beaches and palm trees that this country is famous for.
    The 3rd picture is of Biausevu Waterfall, the largest in Fiji's Coral Coast region. It is a 3 km hike in, and worth every meter. The falls are 20 meters tall with the water falling into a pool that is a lovely swimming hole.
    The 4th and 5th pictures are 2 more examples of why Fiji is held in high regard by so many. It is a beautiful place.
    The 6th picture is taken from a boat of a river cruise through the mangroves on the way to Robinson Crusoe Island (see other posts). This is another side to Fiji, mangrove forests.
    The 7th picture is a quick photo during a drive by of the largest Hindu temple in Fiji. Most of the people here are Hindu, Christian or Muslim, living together amicably, I'm told.
    The 8th picture is the Namaka Public Market near Nadi. One of the things I really enjoy about the tropics is the year round fresh produce, especially the fruit. Markets like this plus roadside produce vendors make this really clear.
    もっと詳しく