Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Pamplona to Puente del Reina

    May 28, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    A wonderful day of cornfields, wild flowers and birdsong
    Forecast was for hot weather so we left the hostel (after very good coffee) at 7am.
    Almost immediately met up with Bego and her friend. She is from Pamplona but is working in Brussels - he is a childhood friend from Luxembourg. She was absolutely lovely and has an adopted niece which meant we immediately had something in common. We talked her family and mine and her work and learning languages.
    We met up with her several times during the day at the various rest stops. First stop was in Zariquirgui where I bought coffee, cherries oranges and a banana. All delicious. In fact two lots of cherries as they are my favourite.
    Beautiful walk meeting up with several members of our Camino family.
    I am feeling very blessed and increasingly serene. Although my shoulder hurt and I’m very tired (and hungry at the moment) I feel so lucky to be able to do this.
    Just after we arrived at our hostel the most tremendous thunderstorm started and has been raging ever since - including hailstones at one point. Hoping it will stop before we need to go out to find dinner!!
    Read more