Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Cycle Ride to Gaucin

    December 23, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    Gaucín is a mountain village of spectacular beauty located in the west of the Andalusian province of Malaga. One of the first famous White Villages of the Serranía de Ronda, the stunning views to Gibraltar and North Africa have led it to be known as the Balcony of the Serranía.

    At over 600 metres above sea level and nestled in the foothills of the Sierra del Hacho and the mountains through which the Genal river flows, it is the perfect place to experience the beauty and culture of Andalusia.

    Only 30 km from the Costa del Sol and 60 km from Gibraltar, Gaucín is easily accessible via the A377 road and is well connected to the ancient city of Ronda.

    Gaucín enjoys a temperate Mediterranean climate and is blessed with over 2750 hours of sunshine a year. The cooler summer nights offer a respite from the heat of the day. In spring and autumn, you can enjoy the mountain air with clear blue skies and an average of 6 hours of sunshine a day, producing a unique light. During the months of April, May, June and October you are more than likely to enjoy temperatures between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius. The warmest time to visit is from July to mid-September when temperatures average around 28 degrees. In winter average temperatures hover around 16 degrees and the rainiest month is December with an average monthly rainfall of 124mm.
    Read more