Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Chatuchak market

    January 19, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Boat was so sweet he offered to drop us off at the market on our way home instead of going back to thehotel. After a brief drive back into the city we were stuck in traffic again. The traffic can be quite heavy during the peak hours with 🚗 🚙 🚗 cars, tuk tuks and Vespas 🛵 zooming in and out of traffic! It can be a little intimating to say the least.
    We finally arrived at one of the main gates of the market to grab a map, which is seriously needed if you plan on managing any kind of search for something specific! There is apparently over 3000 stalls in this market to navigate. After a short while you begin to realize that you are still seeing some of the same things over and over again. The one really confusing item was tie died items!!! When did that come back in style? It was everywhere! I was walking around by myself with a 🍺 in hand, too funny. I managed to get a skirt so I do not need to suffer further in the heat to see the temples and a rather pretty moonstone ring. Yep, that was it! Three hours & 3 🍻 beers later with ice cream in hand I was done. Coconut ice cream with palm seeds, peanuts, some kind of jelly and corn, yes you heard that right, corn! I figured if they thought it was good, I may as well give it a try. Off to the train for a relax before we head out again.
    Read more