Satellite
  • Day 10

    Prosecco and Vivo

    July 14, 2017 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 24 °C

    We returned to our apartment and Brad and I had a quick glass of prosecco on the patio before we had to leave for dinner. We had to take a bus a good ways across town and then a quick 5 minute walk to the restaurant, Vivo.

    We arrived at 7:30 and a very kind server explained the menu to us in English. The menu changes every day based on what the fisherman catch so they don't have an English menu. There were three choices for antipasto, primi and secondi. We got three antipasti, three primi and shared a secondi.

    Our antipasto included a dish of squid tentacles with a tomato sauce; a bowl of mussels with fried bread cubes; a poke bowl with mackerel. They were all delicious and it worked out well that we all preferred so different.

    For primi we got a tagatelle with shrimp/lagostine like crustaceans (our server told us the name, but we'd never heard of it before); noodles with zucchini and shrimp; and risotto with spiky shelled snails. Again, everything was amazing, but Evan liked the tagatelle, Brad liked the risotto, and I liked the shrimp pasta best.

    Our shared secondi was a mixed fried seafood platter. There are no pictures because we dove in too quickly, but it was full of sea asparagus, squid, sardines, and shrimp - amazing!!

    I was totally stuffed by now, but Brad and Evan opted for dolci (dessert). Brad got a panna cotta with burnt caramel and Evan got a chocolate cake. Good thing we had a 40 minute walk home afterwards!
    Read more