Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Last Day (pt 2)

    July 11, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    We said goodbye to our guide and made our way to the Bushwick area. This area has given tax breaks to businesses that allow street artists to create a mural on their buildings. These murals are huge, colourful, and pretty incredible to see! We spent some time wandering around and then popped in to The Rookery where they were showing the England vs Croatia game. We drank pints and watched Croatia triumph over England. Brad decided to leave Evan and I (we were playing Connect 4 and eventually checkers) to go see more street art.

    Eventually we had to get going to dinner, so we got an Uber and drove through Brooklyn to Olmsted. I like to describe Olmsted as “hipster-chic” (Evan is not a fan of this expression!) and it was small plate sharing. We started with tempura rabe and whipped shito butter, which was loved by everyone! We then had crab Rangoon wantons, and garden spaetzle cacio e pepe. Evan is a big fan of all things cacio e pepe since our travels in Italy. Next was their signature carrot crepe, which was beautiful and delicious! Our final dish was dry rubbed scallops with corn and blueberry purée. It was all so good! We ended with a strawberry pavlova.

    Our subway ride home took almost an hour, but we finally made it back to Harlem. We packed all our belongings so we could be ready for our 3:30 am wake up call!
    Read more