Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Naples

    September 21, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    We gathered at the Rome Termini Station at 9.30am in order to catch our morning train to Naples. We boarded at 10.15am and the train set off about ten minutes later. Every seat is ticketed like an airplane and you have to sit in the assigned seat. The train journey is smooth and comfortable. The train got up to speeds of 298km per hour. The screens in the carriage keep passengers updated with information about speed and weather.
    When we arrived at Naples Central Train Station, we met our guide for the rest of the trip, Danelle. She walked with us to our hotel where we dropped our bags and began a walking tour with our local guide, Licia.
    We explored the old city of Naples, visiting famous old churches, eating pizza, drinking coffee and gelato. We walked down to the city square near the modern palace and the coffee shop Gambrinus.
    We then left the guide and went for a walk along the Naples waterfront and then had dinner at Sorbillos on the waterfront. There was a blackout so we had to pay cash because no electrical appliances were working.
    After dinner, we caught the 8.30pm bus 151 from the waterfront back to our hotel for the night. An exciting afternoon in Naples.
    Read more