Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Ponferrada 2

    June 13, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 73 °F

    As stated I have a very short stage today so basically took all the extra time I wanted to walk around Ponferrada look at various things...

    So there's this sculpture about the legend:

    In Ponferrada, León, there is a very large castle. The castle is from the 12th century, it is on a small mountain and it is impressive. It was an imposing castle and belonged to the Knights of the Order of the Templars. The castle of Ponferrada was the most emblematic, most important and largest castle of the order of the Templars in the Iberian Peninsula.

    Legend has it that there is a hidden treasure in the castle of Ponferrada. This treasure was the greatest treasure of Christianity:
    The Holy Grail.
    The tablets of Moses with the ten commandments from Mount Sinai.
    King Solomon's table with all the knowledge of the universe.
    And gold, lots of gold...
    It's possible? It is true? Is the treasure of the Christians in the castle of Ponferrada?

    It's a posibility. This is the story, it is the legend of the Castle of Ponferrada..

    The 11th and 12th centuries in Europe were very complicated and dangerous. The Crusades, the terrible battles of Christian warriors against the infidels, were permanent.

    The 11th and 12th centuries were also centuries of pilgrimage. Jerusalem and Santiago de Compostela were very important cities in Christianity... The route to Santiago de Compostela grew and grew, in Santiago de Compostela there is the tomb of the apostle Santiago. The pilgrims were very numerous and the attacks on the pilgrims were cruel and intense. The protection of pilgrims heading to Santiago de Compostela was absolutely necessary.

    The Order of the Templars was a very powerful Christian military order in Europe in the Middle Ages. The Templar warriors were brave and relentless warriors. The white tunic and red cross were distinctive signs in Christianity, the sign of protection for the Christian faithful.

    The Christian faithful headed for Santiago de Compostela needed protection! The Templars made their way to the Iberian Peninsula and effectively protected the pilgrims on the Santiago de Compostela route from attack.

    The Templars built many castles on the Iberian Peninsula. There were many, many new castles.

    Legend has it that the Knights Templar hid the treasure of Christianity in the castle of Ponferrada: the gold of the Crusades, the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant with the tables of Moses and King Solomon's table. They were the guardians of the treasure...
    Hmmmm... not the Legend I was talking about but heck the Holy Grail? Moses's 10 tablets? and King Solomon table of knowledge?... all in this Castle? I would probably keep it locked every day of the week not just Monday 😇😁

    And no thankfully we did not have to go up that streetI
    Read more