Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 6

    Penobscot River Trails

    13 juli 2023, Verenigde Staten ⋅ ⛅ 75 °F

    And so it is quite understandable that we got up and ultimately ventured out LATE!
    It rained more through the night, but by the mid-morning, the skies were clear, and the sun was shining bright.
    Mulling over a couple of options for today's hike (we really didn't want to battle another mud path, if can be helped) we settled on Penobscot River Trails, as it also looked as this area would give us more choices.

    BOY, did we make the right decision!!! 😁

    PENOBSCOT RIVER TRAILS IS A NATURE PRESERVE WHICH IS PRIVATELY OWNED BY A FAMILY FUNDED MAINE REGISTERED CHARITABLE FOUNDATION.

    Seems $5,000,000.00 were poured into the venture and it shows (of course one could argue that if this was a Government project and 100x were spent, the result wouldn't be nearly as complete ...😒)

    In any case, the overall setup is a loop of 2 trails - an inland and a riverside one, connected at various spots by so-called "links". That allows you to set your hiking distance at your convenience.
    If taken all the way, the R/T would clock at
    close to 25 miles... we decided to switch over from inland to river at Link 3, thus shorten it to a more manageable distance for us.
    BTW, the trail is a 😍!!!! Flat for most of the time, clean and gravel
    Meer informatie