Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    San Jose in a day

    January 22, 2019 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    We had one day to see the sights so set off for our first stop, the National Museum of Costa Rica. The ticket was expensive but if you included all three of the cities main museums it worked out a bit cheaper. Did we really want to go to the Jade Museum? So we started at the National. 2.5 hours later we thought coffee was in order so walked the 100m to the Jade museum and sat in the coffee shop. Well while we are here we may as well take a quick look! 2 hours later we emerged back into daylight absolutely delighted with all that we had seen!
    The last of the trio was under the National Theatre so we walked there and took in the theatre tour which fortunately was only 45min. This gave us just time for an hour round the Gold Museum before the obligatory 4pm cup of tea!
    Well another 2 hours later we surfaced having seen a huge collection of priceless gold, bank notes and coins all beautifully displayed in this underground 'vault'.
    At last Chris had her cup of tea and we went back to our hotel to await the arrival of Chris's sister, Tricia and husband, Graham.
    They made it by 7pm and we all walked to a local restaurant for a bite before turning in for the night ready for an early start in the morning.
    Read more