Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Foot sore in Trinidad

    February 12, 2019 in Cuba ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    It's not a big town but quite hilly and the whole of the historic centre is cobbled with uneven stones from the river. This makes walking tricky and in 30 degree heat, tiring as well!
    We set off on our guide book's suggested walk, visiting various historic buildings and craft markets. At 11.30 we stopped for coffee in a nice courtyard restaurant and found a quartet about to set up and play for the lunch crowd. They were so good that we ordered a snack and listened to their whole set, buying the CD at the end rather than giving the expected tip. We'll probably bore you with it sometime!
    We continued wandering after lunch and made it back 'home' for Chris's afternoon tea. After a bit of a siesta we were off to a bar high up in the town for Mojitos and the sunset. A nice bar with live music again but nowhere near the standard of this morning. After a couple of cocktails and two very nice tapas plates we descended back to the main town and decided to order a pizza between us in a lovely restaurant we had spotted in the morning.
    Low and behold another combo started to set up. They were excellent and gave us a full hour of first class music. Didn't have enough money for their CD so just a 3 CUC tip this time!
    Finally back 'home' to write this but had to visit the ATM first so we had funds for tomorrow!
    Read more