Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 5

    November 24, 2015 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Up early to find Teresa and Brad hadn't yet been successful in booking a side trip to Mendoza and the Andes.

    Left them to it and went to our first dancing lesson with Damian and Nancy. It was very good. They are lovely people and very easy to learn from. Set up in their apartment was very good with a big timber floor area.

    Wandered around the area near their apartment and discovered it is full of outlet shops. Found a good leather shop and did some damage to the credit card!

    After lunch (and after teaching a local cafe owner what Australians mean by iced coffee), we went to a tango shoe shop and got AM 2 pair of shoes.

    Got onto wifi to discover Teresa and Brad had succeeded in booking their side trip.

    We then went to check out a dance studio (bni) where I got a new pair of shoes also!

    Back to the apartment for a quick change then off to a milonga and a lesson beforehand. The lesson was ok but difficult to follow the steps being taught as it was all in Spanish. 2 hour group lesson cost $7 each and included entry to the milonga afterwards. At that orice, not complaining about the Spanish!

    The milonga was traditional in that, except for a few couples, the men sat on one side and the girls sat on the 2 adjacent sides.

    The music was fine but we didn't dance as AM was breaking in a new pair of shoes.
    Read more