Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Back to London via Coventry

    September 10, 2023 in England ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    We woke up and had a full English breakfast at the hotel restaurant before we packed up and left for Coventry. As we drove along the route towards Cov we had a detour as the road had melted from the heat and was unusable. We eventually found our way along the detour to Coventry Motor Museum.

    This museum is huge full of motoring history from wooden bicycle to today's cars. So much to see, such a brilliant exhibition. It goes through Coventry’s motoring industry and how it became a huge industry in Britain and how it was leveled during the WW2 with very little remaining. The industry rebuilt after the war until the 70s when it pretty much collapsed.

    It was a very worthwhile visit and so much to see, we loved it. Dan didn’t join us, he went shopping again and we met him after for a quick bite to eat before making our way to London. We had to fill up the tank with electricity on our way home but we got to our flat in Putney in the late afternoon.

    Shortly after Maegan and Enzo arrived and the lads went to Sainsburys to get some supplies. Enzo put together a yummy nibbles dinner of meats, cheese and bread- simple but yummo.

    We’re all tired and worn out so the plan is to have an easy day tomorrow so I can get some washing done.
    Read more