Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    From Camden to Whitechapel

    September 13, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    The weather has at last gone back to being English. It’s much cooler with cloudy skies.

    Dan and David went to Camden Markets today. Dan has really been shopping up a storm. He’s been off on his own exploring wherever he thinks there may be something interesting to see or buy. I think he’s going to need a bigger bag to take his stuff home in.

    Enzo, Maegan and I stayed home and just wandered around Putney High Street and surrounds. Found ourselves in a nice pub having a nice lunch and a drink.

    We got back to our apartment and soon after we got a message from Dan telling us that David got on the train in the Underground and before Dan could get on, the doors closed and the train took off. Separated in the London Underground as it nears peak hour- not to good.

    They were heading to Leicester Square so lets hope David doesn’t head back to Dan whilst Dan is on his way to Leicester Square….. Eventually they caught up with each other and kept on shopping.

    We had our Jack the Ripper walking tour tonight. A 2 hour tour (not a Gilligan 3 hour tour). It was a really good tour, we walked the streets of Whitechapel and were shown all the significant spots where Jack The Ripper was active. Some of these places are now new building but some of the places are still there and the old building from the 1800’s. The guide was animated, and he was very passionate about his history and he was born and raised and still lives in Whitechapel.

    After the tour we went to a pub, “The Hoop and Grapes”, to rest our sore feet and had a yummy dinner before jumping back onto the Tube for our journey back to out Putney flat. When arrived home just before midnight we were so tired that we all got into bed, no showers were had.

    The next morning, we discovered that there is no water at all in south London- NONE! Apparently, there is some kind of power issue and the water pumps aren’t working. We are really embracing the baby powder and deodorant today.
    I think today we will spend the day north of the Thames in London town where there is water 😆
    Read more