Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 101

    The Isle of Skye, Scotland

    August 17, 2022 in Scotland ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    Emily and Dave tackled an aggressive schedule of driving around the Isle of Sky in Northwestern Scotland. Our agenda included the Sligachan Old Bridge, The "Fairy Glen", Quiraing (a hike), An Corran Beach (has Dinosaur footprints in the rocks), and lastly The Storr (a rock formation). We actually had a bigger agenda, but it's peak season and we couldn't find parking at a few sites.

    If you're curious, here is the route we took for our about 85 mile drive.
    https://tinyurl.com/isleofskyeDub

    Sligachan Old Bridge was really just an Instagrammers dream come true with a picturesque old bridge with mountain in the back with a monument nearby. We dig have Instagram accounts so you'll have to do with our Find Penguins pictures 😃.

    The Fairy Glen is... what is the Fairy Glen. There are rock formations in the area that kind of look like crop circles, but they are created in the terrain itself. There are obviously placed man made rocks to accent the formation. However, there aren't many plaques near by and the internet doesn't seem to offer many explanations. For all we know the local farmer did this 😃. Still it's a very beautiful area.

    The Quiraing was the highlight of the trip. The views were beautiful and the hike, was surprisingly challenging. It was mostly level, but on a slope with some spots of loose gravel. We had to watch our footing.

    At An Corran Beach, there wasn't exactly signs saying here are the footprints. After a bit of searching, we do believe we found one. We'll let you decide.

    At the Storr, we started to feel our Quiraing hike. We didn't go too far on the path, but still got some pics in.
    Read more