Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 176

    Magnetic Island

    25 juin 2023, Australie ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    My family and I bought a Stejcraft to go camping on islands in Queensland. We took it straight to the boat ramp for our first trip out to Magnetic Island. We stayed out there for three days, Lachie and I slept in the nose and mum and dad had a mattress out the back.

    Day one, we had a bit of a late start but we finally got the boat in and the first thing we did was troll. After trolling and getting absolutely nothing we went to our camp for the night, but first we had to get some hot chippies for dinner and they were delicious. Lachie and I set up our bed for the night while mum and dad chilled.

    The next day, we woke up and headed out to the snorkel trail at Jeffrey Bay. At Jeffrey Bay, there is a crashed World War II aircraft in the water, but we couldn’t find it anywhere. After the snorkel trail, we trolled all the way to a place called Florence Bay, and on the way we caught two sharks, but they were too little too eat. Florence Bay was my favourite, because there were hundreds of fish and even two ginormous cod. We even got in and snorkelled with them, while snorkelling, we fed the cod dad‘s prawns. After swimming with the cod we went back to Horshoe Bay to sleep the night.

    It was our final day, on the boat at Magnetic Island so we decided to have breakfast at Alma Bay for something different. After mum and dad got out of the boat went for a walk we drove straight back to Florence Bay. Once we dropped anchor, we jumped straight back in to go for a swim with the cod, after we swam for a bit, we decided to have some lunch. While we were eating our noodles for lunch, Lachie started hand feeding the fish his at lunch. So we all quickly finished, and jumped in for a snorkel, and there were fish everywhere, it was so much fun, but unfortunately it was time to head back in. It was a bit rough, but the boat handled it. After we pulled the boat out, we washed it and took it back to the campground.

    For our first trip, I think it went pretty well, but I can’t wait to go out again.
    En savoir plus