Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 3

    Ubud 2

    30 gennaio, Indonesia ⋅ 🌧 27 °C

    Anne promised a surprise activity for today but it was off to town first for breakfast & an explore. Breakfast at Nourish was excellent & my first latte a success! It's a busy place despite it being low/rainy season. Scooters everywhere. Not quite as bad as Hanoi but quantity & bravery right up there. No road rules apparently but it all seems to work. The streets leading into the town centre are a mish mash of shops, temples, bike repair places, crumbling footpaths and shrines, all combining to give a quaint ramshackle feel. After a spot of shopping a Gojek whisked us up & out of town to Bambu Indah. An extraordinary place which I won't be able to do justice to here. It's a kind of resort, the likes of which I have never seen! A beautiful lush landscape including many individual crystal clear pools, sits alongside a rushing river. Extraordinary architecture using natural materials (lots of bamboo) combined with contemporary copper- tiled roofing alonside yraditional Balinese thatching. A set price was paid for the afternoon & we could laze, swim in any of the pools, have food & drinks delivered to our bamboo hut & generally relax & enjoy. Not many others there & staff were plentiful & quick to respond to our every need. It felt very luxurious but actually it was excellent value. Some challenges for me included a bamboo lift which took us 2 floors down from the street to the pools & the restaurant. A couple of swinging bamboo bridges also added to the anxiety but I did well!! It was a fabulous day & wonderful to see my girls so happy; they were in their element. We missed JuJu though!!
    P.s. I will add another post just with photos.
    Leggi altro