Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 32

    A few more photos to finish up

    28 de fevereiro, Austrália ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    1. The public entrance to the Golden Temple. As international visitors staying at the ashram, we had a private back way in with no security check.
    2. The entire place is called Sripuram with the Golden Temple at its core. Around the Temple you can see a star shape. It is a beautiful covered walkway for (theoretically) contemplation & prayer. Not advisable to go on weekends when it is very crowded & lots of teenagers who didn't get the contemplation memo!
    3. Sri Lakshmi Narayani Golden Temple. The reflection in the surrounding water is of course stunning.
    4. A lovely picnic spot.
    5. My girl gang! Amazing, kind humans. 💕
    6. These tiny flowers littered the lawn outside my room before being swept up with all the other fallen leaves & flowers by smiling ladies.
    7. Rice paddy & mountain view on the road to the Ayurvedic Treatment Centre where one can have all kinds of things done. Full body oil massage + sauna in an old fashioned wooden box for A$20!
    8. This is Shushumna, my 90 year old New Yorker pal who took me under her wing. Here she is planting trees for the forest. She has been coming here for 22 years, since the beginning of it all! She rides a pink bicycle called Hazel. 💕
    9. I spent some time helping Grade 6 with their reading. They really didn't need much help - just a bit of vocab explained. I think they enjoyed having me??😂
    10. Colourful view from the school window.
    P.S. I was very impressed with the school. These kids are sharp & their demonstrations of what they can do with abacuses (?) & how well this instrument serves their mental arithmetic skills later on, were quite plainly, awesome - lightning fast. Edie was gobsmacked & she & I were still calculating as they moved onto the next sum!! The yoga exhibition was amazing too. Not surprising as the kids practise everyday. They meditate daily too alongside lessons in AI!! India's future is bright 🌞.
    Leia mais