Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 273

    Cappadocia pt 1

    4. Februar in Türkei ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    Last night we hired a car and drove 1hr to stay in Cappadocia for a night. Ozge is staying with us now and drove, it was super stressful she was driving so badly and was probably the most distracted driver I've ever been in the car with. She was running up curbs, constantly missing turns, drifting over lanes and kept messing around with the radio. Spencer and I had to do some serious back seat driving and were both extremely frustrated by the end of the trip lol. We arrived at our hotel at 1am in the morning.
    We didn't get much of a chance to sleep because we had to get up at 5:30 to see the hot air balloons take off. Cappadocia is famous for its sunrises where loads and loads of hot air balloons all fly at the same time giving people rides, it was the main reason we wanted to visit. It was quite a foggy morning so the sunrise was a bit grey but that was still pretty cool in its own way and all the balloons floating over the spikey landscape was a magical spectacle. There's been a handful of times on this trip when I've thought to myself that I'm witnessing one of the best sights I might ever see (ie. pyramids and athens rock) and I got that feeling again this morning. The landscape in cappadocia is littered with big spikey rocks, it's a little bit like the bungle bungles but they're pointy. Many of the spikes were hollowed out by people living here 2-3000 years ago to make houses. There were also lots of hills with stripey vertical faces that looked a bit like the grand canyon.
    Weiterlesen