Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 293

    A culmination of two weeks in krakow

    February 24 in Poland ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    The last two weeks have been quiet but really good :) After a pretty full on time in Turkey we've been mostly chilling out at home working on a new batch of beats.
    Spencer arrived on the Saturday of our first weekend so we went to a bar crawl. This one was completely filled with people from England. We spent most of the night with a group of blokes who were here for a bucks party trip. They were pretty rowdy and the way they talked was hilarious, I mustve been called a daft cunt like 1000 times lol.
    Fast forward about a week, we went on a big explore day to get some photos. We're staying near the old town where the streets are lined with awesome looking buildings all coloured with muted pastel pinks, yellows, oranges and greens. The architecture here is similar to the rest of Europe but a little less grand which I kinda prefer, like less going on with the window sills n stuff. We spent hours roaming through the pretty streets and checking out the wawel castle before eventually stumbling upon a really cool Cafe where we stopped to have a beer. The Cafe's walls were lined with bookshelves and they had the comfiest sofa chairs for us to sit in. The beer we got was caramel flavour and came with whipped cream on top, they called it beer but I think it was really just a warm caramel milkshake with vodka in it. Either way it was delicious! The Cafe also provided chess boards so we ended up staying for a fair while playing chess and relaxing in the cozy room.
    Last night we went to a pool hall. The place had such a good atmosphere (usually pool halls suck imo) and it was huge with so many different areas that were all filled with tables. We left at about 1am and then tried to go out but disappointingly all the 24/7 corner stores stop selling alcohol after 12 so we ended up just going home.

    All in all krakow has left a great impression! I've been starting to go running in the mornings and have found all the streets and different areas really delightful to be in. I haven't seen any homeless people or people asking for money since I've been here which has been great to see because its been rampant in most of the other places we've been to. Its been grey skies literally the entire time ive been here but It was sunny this morning so I got to experience a taste of krakows summer potential while I went for a run, it was splendid. Even though we haven't done a heap here and there isn't as much to do as a lot of other places ive had a lovely time, there's something about poland which feels very safe and homely, I like it.
    Read more