Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    26 August 2023

    August 26, 2023 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 28 °C

    We spent our last full day exploring Kata Tjuta. We thought we would watch the sunrise while eating breakfast. Unfortunately about 100 other people had the same idea. We made the decision to get started with our hike instead and headed to the Valley of Winds. The descriptions stated that the hike was moderate to difficult so we were unsure about completing the entire circuit but it soon became apparent that it was well within our ability. We met a school group along the track but other than that it was very quiet. The views from the two lookouts were excellent (particularly the second lookout - Karingana) and the lack of people around added to the majesty. The track from Karingana lookout was quite flat and easy and exposed which allowed you to view the Kata Tjuta from every angle. It was lovely to see all the wildflowers as well which added to the beauty of this area.

    We also decided to do walk into Walpa Gorge which really filled us with awe especially once you got close to the base of the cliffs. It was a very productive day as we were able to do everything on offer at Kata Tjuta before it got too hot.
    Read more