Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42–43

    02.17.2024 Sydney, Australia Day 1 of 2

    February 17 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 73 °F

    We were up before sunrise at the Explorer Lounge to watch our sail into Sydney Harbor.
    It’s a beautiful morning with a high of 84 and a real feel of 90.
    A perfect summer day in Sydney.
    We booked the hop on hop off bus to give us a feel for Sydney. Our first stop was St Mary Cathedral. Mass was in progress so we stayed for mass and participated in communion.

    Our next stop was the Rocks as we had a lunch reservation at the rooftop bar of the Glenmore Hotel. Not as great a view as they lead us to believe.

    Back on the bus and we head to the Sydney Skytower and do the Skywalk. Kinda cool. We were tethered the whole way. Considering Diana is afraid of heights it was a great accomplishment.

    Big demonstrations in Hyde park in support of Palestine so he had to find another bus stop so we could head back to Circular Quay.
    Following a pharmacy shop (needed shampoo and conditioner for Diana) we stopped at the Fortune of War. The oldest pub in Australia.
    Dinner was at The Rocks Cafe. Very good. Walked back to the ship and ready to call it a day.
    And then the fireworks go off over the Opera House. As seen from our balcony stateroom.
    Read more