Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    02.20.2024 Brisabane, Australia

    February 20 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 82 °F

    Happy 70th birthday Myron George! What a beautiful day. 85 hot and sunny.
    Today we celebrated Myron’s birthday in Brisbane with an optional Viking excursion “Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary”.
    The description said-Take in the panoramic sights of Brisbane before heading to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Your scenic drive takes you past Brisbane’s historic Parliament House, City Hall and other stately buildings before arriving at the sanctuary. The world’s first and largest koala sanctuary is set in a beautiful, natural environment and is home to more than 100 koalas and a menagerie of other exotic native wildlife. You will also hand-feed animals in the Kangaroo Reserve, which is home to around 150 free-ranging kangaroos and wallabies.
    We had our picture taken with a koala, petted and walked among the kangaroos. Visited some reptiles and dragons.
    On our way back we stopped at a lookout for a photo opportunity of the CBD.
    Dinner tonight was in the private Dining room of Manfredi’s. We had 10 of what we call our people: Brian, Jonathan, Beth, Terry, Mark, Trisha, Warren, Allison, Randy and Vicki. Lots of laughs. Followed by Dancing Under the Stars before we called it a night. What an amazing day and night.
    Thank goodness tomorrow is a sea day.
    Read more