Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 109

    04.24.2024 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spa

    April 24 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    Welcome to Santa Cruz de Tenerife. It is a port city on the island of Tenerife, in Spain’s Canary Islands. Well-preserved buildings in its old town include the colonial Church of the Immaculate Conception. The 1700s Palacio de Carta has baroque and neoclassical features. In the Old Civil Hospital, the Museum of Nature and Man has interactive displays on the islands. The city’s squares include the central Plaza de España.
    It is the second largest city in the Canary Islands and the main city on the island of Tenerife, with nearly half of the island's population living in or around it.
    We had an included tour of Impressions of Tenerife but not until Noon. After breakfast we headed into the Old Town to have a look around. We stopped by the Immaculate Conception Catholic Chirch but mass was in progress so we we were not allowed in. The street art and sculptures were amazing. What a beautiful, clean city. Friendly people.
    We returned to the ship to take our excursion where went to the other side of the island to see Puerto Cruz vs Santa Cruz. Beautiful. We stopped at La Orotava to take in the views. We ventured on to the beautiful botanical gardens. After spending some time there we headed to the seaside are of Puerto Cruz. We had lunch sea side at Vita. We shared a typical Spanish dish of potatoes and ham along with bread and tomato jam. Along with a few local beers. Ok, Myron had two and Diana had one but neither of us finished them.
    Back to the ship and we set sail around 5:30 pm.
    We had prime rib at the Restaurant tonight and followed that by the 9:00 performance in the Star Theater.
    Viking proudly presents Guest Entertainer Card Ninja
    WARNING: This show contains Ninjas, not magic. A comedy variety show like no other where playing cards are used as weapons.
    Expect risky and deadly fun.
    A wonderful day.
    Read more