Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    The last cheesecake ha ha

    September 17, 2023 in South Africa ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    We had high hopes for today with good weather. But Cape Town has not been great. We have had 3 big letdowns; 1 no whales throughout the south coast, 2 no robben Island and 3 no table top mountain. We tried to get robben Island and table mountain in today but boat not running for 3rd day although it was calm and the cable car queue was huge with several days of people backlog.
    Stayed in V&A area again, it's really impressive, I think the best Cape Town has to offer, there really isn't much else in the city.

    Tonight we ate in hotel as I wanted schnitzel so I ordered lamb chops special! We had a group of 9 african women all wearing coats and Bob hats by us who took all the cheesecake! We ordered 2 cheesecakes, waitress came back and said there was only one left, so we took that with another dessert, she then came back and said there was no cheesecake so we cancelled all desserts. 5 minutes later she came back and knelt down and said "I have a plan, I can take a cheesecake off the women" . We declined her offer and thanked her but found it hilarious.
    This is Africa.

    To top it all, not sure there is any whiskey in our Irish coffees!
    Read more