Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Campus

    January 16, 2016 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We get up at 5am and finish off our last bit of packing we are still carrying an excess bag but were one large bag lighter so im not too concerned. Saying our goodbyes is hard, but as i have said to all my students , its not goodbye its till we see each other again. Aldo and suane pack our things into the car and we head to Campus to see Bruno and his brother Anasuo. The journey is 3 hours in a car and im glad we havent had to catch a bus as im sure this would be doubled. We arrive in Campus to find Bruno still in bed who we quickly arise and he takes us to show us his University. Bruno is a really clever guy, but his project at the moment is studying how various influences affect the growth of fruits to help the 3rd world countries . This is really interesting and im intrigued by how so few factors can have such a massive affect. Bruno is a very popular guy on the Campus (not just with the ladys ) and the university is known to be the best in the state . We all take lunch together and then unknown to us we are now heading to a place called Cuzious (another 4 hour journey) in the car, but this place was one of my places to go in my lonely Planet book , and its where Aldos brother lives with his wife and kids . After the long journey we pull into the home , which is huge (i was wondering where we were all going to stay) and are greeted again by Aldos mum and dad(Sicleni and Carlos ) The hospitality they show is second to none so i know we wont be dissapointed. The house is beautiful with a massive swimming pool a huge bbq area , and the inside is to die for all very tastefully done.(i could live here)
    Well i thought I could entertain , but this place has put me to shame. The evening has been filled with Endless beverages including cachacha tequila beer and endless bbq, and the entertainment has been just as good, singing dancing and playing UNO. Its amazing how a game of cards has no language barriers and the laughing that has come from playing this is wonderful.
    Its only 9.30 at night, and we are all invited to swim in the pool - feeling slightly boozy i go and change and mark come down with his snorkel on . Mark then thinks its a good idea to have a drinking competition with Aldos brother and this ends with us having to put Mark to bed (very messy), hes going to be rough in the morning. It has poured down all day but the rain here is so warm that it really doesnt put a dampner on things but I retire to bed hoping that tomorrow will be a little brighter. Now i understand why it is called the rainforest.
    Read more