Satellite
  • Day 75

    The Beatles

    February 11, 2016 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    So today is the Beatles bloco and its at 9 in the morning , so yes after just 3 hrs sleep I am up again as this is the one Bloco I really wanted to see . Feeling a little more than tender we once agin take a tube to a place called Cinemalandia. Another packed Metro and we arrive at a huge square. This Bloco is actually stationary so we stay back and allow all the crowd surfers to do theyre thing while we dance around in the space we have. I honestly can't believe i'm doing this after last night/this morning and feel like i have a second wind. Although when i stop i really feel it , so the only way forward is to dance.
    I am in my element here although hearing the beatles sends little pangs of homesickness through my mind I'm glad that I know the words for once. We sing and dance as the old tunes with a twist of samba play out, the temperature today is 40 degrees and i keep buying bottles of iced water, not to drink , but to pour over myself.
    The bloco has speakers all over the park, and at 2pm i suggest we start heading to the back of the park so at least we have a chance of catching the metro back before it finishes
    We are directed from one metro entrance to another as they are already closed (brazilian crowd control at its best) , and on our 4th attemp we are finally on our way back to the hostel.
    My age has finally caught up with me and i head to bed for a much needed siesta, waking a few hours later i still feel knackered so a couple of beers and an early night it is........
    Read more