Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 117

    A Day To Recover

    March 24, 2016 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    I wake at 6 to check he weather again, but it is obismal and in a way im glad. I am determined to do as much as i can whilst travelling an a sunrise at the waterfalls would have beenperfect but with the weather being so bad there is little possibility for seeing anything other than clouds. I get back into my bed gratefully and curl up till 9am. We have to be out the room by 10 so a quick pack and we find a comfy spot in the rest room of the hostel. Racho Grande is a hostel right at the end of town , but close for the treks and serves reasonably good food . We have eggs for breakfast and literally just chill for the rest of the day. I catch up on my blog and head to the supermarket to see what ingredients they have as to what we will be eating today. With this place being so out of the way the stcks delivered here are minimal, so it varys on what they have in . I opt for good old cottage pie so buy carrots potatoes mince and onions and a pack of stock cubes that are guarded behind the till like razor blades are back home. (who would want to shoplift oxo cubes). Purchases made and i take the short walk back to the hostel to start the prep work . There is something quite homely about cooking but the facilities in the hostels are minimal, not even so much as a wooden spoon. There is no oven here so cottage pie turns into mince and mash, but tastes delicious all he same. My homesickness has really had a grip for the last 3 week and the lack of internet here makes it impossible to touch base with anyone, so the taste of home somehow makes it feel a little better.
    My whole body aches today from the balls of my feet to my head but i can honestly say i would do it ll again in the blink of an eye. Mark marvels at the pictures as we prepare for our ten hor bus journey that will take us to the town of Los Aniguos at 8 oclock tonight. The buses here are prettty comfartable but when you are sat in the same position for ten hours it takes its toll on the older body(now i know why most people do this in their gap year rther than in their 4os. We board the bus and im freezing, no blankets issued on this one but within minutes the heating kicks in and the air con is also blowing? After an hour in we hit the unpaved part of Ruta 40 it is literally just gravel, but the bus driver seems pretty comfartable with this , tearing along at about 70 miles an hour with chips fling in all directions. Most of the buses here have cracked windscreens or big holes in the , and it now becomes apparent why. As we travel along the bus stops and we start reversing , its a nother bus on the other side of the road thats stopped. A guy jumps on a we are off again. A brief stop and were back on the road, a few sweeties in the bag . There are a few empty seats down stairs and every one spreads themselves out so we all have a seat each. This doesnt make t easier to sleep but i grab an hour here and therand wake at 7 in the morning in Los Antiguos.
    Read more