Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 147

    Hangover from Hell

    April 23, 2016 in Peru ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    I wake thiis morning with an axe in my head.im just a glutten for punishment. Its really strange , because on hangover days in the sun its really impossible to do anything. I drink plenty of water and head up to the rooftop for breakfast. The standard of bread and jam and coffee is offered for free , but there is an option of sausage bacon egg and tomato, and i feel for medicinal purposes this is a must. To be fair its pretty nice and i finish my plate in the hope it may soak up some alcohol. The morning is sent on the rooftop of the hostel with the most surreal panoramic views, it looks like someone has painted the background on. Snow capped mountains lye behind the crumbled buildings of the city. Im quite surprised at how hot it is here too, it feels good just to have my bone warmed after the coldness of the South.
    A little later in the afternoon we o out to get food, the Plaza here is so beautiful, i feel like i could be in Europe, the streets bustling with traditional clothed women is gone and replaced by everybody wearing typically normal clothes. We walk up the main street and it is literred with every kind of food that you can think of from burger king to guinea pig. With the hangover i opt for the food of home and delve into a combo meal although i must say the meal oesnt look half as big as the picture advertising it . Comfort food eaten i finish off with a Starbucks and sit in the plaza just people watching for a good hour. Back to the hostel and more chilling out on the terrace watching the sun set form our perfect rooftop view. I try a beer , but im really not feeling it and the hair of the dog isnt for me today. An early night it is again.
    Read more