Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 158

    Bus Top Tour

    May 4, 2016 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    The two girls arrived back yesterday and when I get up for breakfast Olivia is in the reception. Its so good to see them again and I agree to cook a last supper as Olivia is going back to Aerequipa to meet a guy she left there. Sofie is heading out tomorrow to mancora to enjoy some beach time. Today has started pretty shitily with some sad news from home and today having to say goodbye to one of my adoptive daughters. We have already booked on the open bus tour so we go and join the tourists. The bus tour starts with going round the block 3 times, I don't think half the people on board realise but I've been in the city for 5 days now and am beginning to know my way about but I'm sure half of them click on when we pull into the same bus stop. The tour takes us through the city and then out the back up the hill to the minature Christ the redeemer, right next door to this is are the inka ruins called 'sexy lady' we don't actually get off here as the bus just drives past but I'm surprised at how big it is. Further down the hill we arrive at the haunted house, a huge derelict house and as we pull up the bus driver plays spooky music which is quite funny. The tour drops us back at the plaza and we head back to the hostel.
    We take the girls to the little cafe we've found selling the potato cake and sit and enjoy it together. Mark and I then go to the San Pedro market again, the festival in town is in full swing and there are people scattered everywhere dressed in full traditional costume dancing to music in the street the bands playing gives such an amazing atmosphere. Its really good to see the local thing as Cusco has so many visitors just coming here for a short vacation to do Machu picchu that it's a welcome break. We go and buy our ingredients for tonight wondering through the market aimlessly trying to find what we need. As per usual we end up cooking something that we hadn't intended to due to not finding the right ingredients. Dinner is delicious, but sad at the same time as now we become 3. Olivia heads off for the bus and shortly after I go to bed leaving Mark and Sofie to share a few beers.
    Read more