Satellite
  • Day 114

    Glacier Express

    July 13, 2022 in Switzerland ⋅ ☀️ 70 °F

    Miles: 1.9 Steps: 4722
    Flights stairs: 6

    When planning this trip way back when, Jordan and I found some info about a scenic train that went thru the Swiss Alps called the Glacier Express. We built this ride up in our minds as the best train ever! We got all excited to ride it - and this whole side trip thru Switzerland was born. We basically only went to Zermatt so we could catch this train.

    So this morning we drug our very tired, sore, blistered bodies out of bed and hiked down to the train station to get on it. It’s an 8 hour slow ride thru the mountains that ends in St Moritz, Switzerland.

    It was a very pretty ride thru the mountains, but honestly, our day yesterday hiking at 10,000 ft was so much more scenic and amazing! So in the end, the train, that we have been excited about for months, was somewhat of a let down — but … had we not booked the train we never would have ended up in Zermatt - which was AMAZING!! So in the end it all worked out - we saw our amazing scenery as we had hoped for - just on our own two feet, not riding in a train.

    It WAS a good way to spend the day considering how sore we both are from the hike. We could barely move, so sitting for 8 hours was awesome.

    Unfortunately didn’t end up with many pictures from the ride because there was so much glare off the panoramic windows.
    Read more