Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    On the road again

    November 22, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Once again, we are driving over mountains on windy roads. I think that is all they have here. This was a really scenic drive of rolling hills and farms. We saw a sign at a shed selling fresh veggies so pulled over, and noticed the had an old horse carriage in their yard. We thought they must be collectors, but were then served by a lady from the Bretheren, so this is their vehicle. Should have bought more as everything was so cheap and fantastic. The best cinnamon scrolls I have ever had were $3.50 for four!
    If you are ever in this neck of the woods do yourself a favour and stop at Pyengana Dairy Farm. We stopped for lunch of cheeses, a platter, scones and lavender icecream. It was sooo good. Should have taken a photo, but too late!
    We ate lunch watching the happiest cows I have ever seen. The have an automated dairy so the cows can come through the gates at any time to be milked, have some oats or to rub up on the back scratcher. If it is less than 6 hours since their last visit a different gate opens and they are sent back to the paddocks. So the cows decide when and often they like to be milked. Apparently they will often just come in to the shed to keep their bestie company.
    Read more