Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Quorn. Work stop #2

    June 16, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Quorn is a quiet town Mon - Thurs but gets busier in the later part of the week and weekends- all those tourists!
    The Caravan park is a lovely bush setting with compact but clean bathrooms and wonderful other amenities.

    Arriving on Queens birthday public holiday, we stopped at the Qandong cafe for coffee and to taste the Qandongs. Scones with Quandong jam and cream were delicious. we then checked into the caravan park, set up camp and went directly to the transcontinental to watch the footy. Unfortunately it was only Jamie happy with the result. 😢 We ended the day with a counter meal there.

    Silo art in Quorn takes the form of a digital display projected onto the silos. It was great, as was the sunset happening in the background. It was informative as well as a stunning light show.

    Whilst Jamie was working I did a few walks around town and gardens, shopping for necessities, chatting to other campers, the dreaded washing including sheets and towels. Don’t think I’ll complain again about changing the doona in a big bedroom, where you can walk around the bed😂.
    The weather was a little warmer both during the day and night. Up to 17oC.
    Read more