Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 55

    Ravenshoe

    July 9, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Once we set up camp at the tall timber roadhouse we set out to explore more waterfalls. Mill stream falls, Tully Gorge
    Koombaloomba Dam and Little Millstream falls. We are also lucky enough to have a beautiful creek running through the campsite with resident platypus. Who new I could sit still for so long, just watching and waiting for the little guy to put in his appearances. Very tricky to photograph as I was so busy watching him and then when I remembered he was just ducking back down. Early one morning, as I was forced out of the warm caravan so Jamie could work, I spotted some horses grazing across the other side of the creek. After a walk around, I discovered that the local pony club is across the creek. They have beautiful surrounds and are very well set up.
    We went on a trip to Herbeton and explores their Pioneer village. It was very well set up with stories of where the buildings were from and they all housed huge collections of things from tractors, to cameras, old grocery item packages, police uniforms and so it goes on. On the way back we stopped at mount Hypipamee crater. I was expecting a wide somewhat shallow hole but instead their was this really deep hole with water. It was created from some kind of gas explosion.
    Our neighbours for a few days were lovely. We had a Sunday lamb roast with Carol, Brian, Abbey and their dogs Audrey and Bella.
    Read more