Satellite
  • Day 24

    Great Barrier Reef

    October 9, 2017 ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    After arriving at Cairns at 5:30am after very little to no sleep. I ventured off to find my reef tour boat. I was lucky that they were able to store my luggage for me as reception at my hostel wasn't open that early. So I went for breakfast at McDonald's and then went off to the marina.

    After finally getting in the boat I met two pretty awesome Irish girls, Lauren and Ciara. So I ended up spending the day with them. After about 2 hours we got out the Great Barrier Reef. They took us to Norman reef where we went to Dhark Mountain. We then spent about an hour and a half snorkeling around there. Was way nicer than the snorkeling at the Whitsundays but since all the reef is bleeching, which is natural, it is not as vibrant as I anticipated.

    We then had lunch and headed off to a second dive spot, still at Norman reef called Plate Top Similar experience although there was more turtles here. Hopefully I got some footage of them. We will see when I look through all the footage.

    Because it was so hot I spent most of my time out of the sun which I can say I am glad for, because all the girls got so badly burned. It was nice because I got to meet all the crew who were super cool. They do this thing on Mondays where their boat gets free beer at a pub called Gilligans. So they invited us out to go drinking with them. We did and it was a blast. We didn't end up going back to the hostel until about 2am.

    So let's us say that was a very long day for me. But I made it and got an amazing sleep.

    👣's: 9292 - 7.29 km (But phone wasn't on me all day)
    Read more