Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Ah, Dingle

    April 6, 2022 in Ireland ⋅ 🌬 46 °F

    The view changes every few minutes as we watch our lovely view of the Dingle harbor.

    50 degrees and windy.
    Yes, those are palm trees 🌴! Because it never freezes here and the Atlantic Gulf Stream is just off shore, the wind has a warmth to it that is quite surprising. That said , today’s rain is what the Irish refer to as “lashing rain” and is formidable.
    Latitude here is 52 degrees north, for context Calgary Alberta is 51 degrees north.

    The library here at the Greenmount called my name and I stayed here while Jörg went roaming and scouting , took care of our laundry and brought home pizza .

    We successfully changed our reservations for the rest of the trip to accommodate the changes necessary because some of our friends and family are in quarantine this week .

    P.s. Ronnie ; We did see Tom Crean’s
    South Pole Bar in Anascoul on our way here and will try and find some of his brew.There is also a Tom Crean pub in Kenmare which would be lovely to visit .

    The Dingle Peninsula is in County Kerry and is the most western location of Europe .

    We saw our first rainbow / from its appearance to its disappearance/ 2 minutes and every second stunning.
    Breakfast/ the food, the view, the staff …❤️
    Read more